The main objective of Windschip Project is to design zero emission sailing cargo ships.
Realization of this objective is the preliminary design of modern cargo ships fully comply with the maximum CO2 reduction requirements and fall into the category of soft sails.
Windschip Project has so far developed the following sailing cargo ships for different markets: windschip I, windpilot, windroos, windclipperbark, windbrik, windclipperfregat, windfreighter, windhond, windschoenerbrik, windliner, windtrader 5000, windcarrier 8000, windfeeder and windtrader 15000.
These windships are designed by the innovative windship design spiral.
To calculate the speed of windships, a program based on the Dyna Rig concept is needed. Professor Sergio E. Perez developed the OpenVpp using the data obtained from the Dynasail configuration and B. Wagner's hull calculations. With OpenVpp, the speed and sail angle relative to the apparent wind can be predicted for any windship. The Windschip Project has constructed a basic polar from data of Prölls Dyna Rig (Speed is recalculated with the formula of Froude.) The naval architect can optimize these speed calculations using the OpenVpp. Input data are: main dimensions, displacement, Cd and Cl of the hull, Cd and Cl of any desired sail angle and the different wind strengths.
OpenVPP: An Open-Source Dynamic Velocity Prediction Program for sailing cargo vessels
Sergio E. Perez, Department of Marine Engineering, U.S. Merchant Marine Academy, Kings Point, NY, email@example.com
(For further details see the brochure Zero CO2 Ships in sea transport.)
DOSSIERS OF WINDSCHIP PROJECT
Windschip Project consists: fourteen dossiers of different sailing cargo ships.
Every dossier consists of a concept design and a part of a preliminary design. See Terms of condition Nederlands Society of Yacht Designers and Naval Architects (NBJA), nr. 1.8.1 and 1.8.2a.
WHY WINDSCHIP DOSSIERS?
- When you are the owner of a windship dossier, you can invite interested people to talk seriously about building a Zero CO2 sailing cargo ship.
- A public institute can invite an entrepreneur or vice versa. They can talk with a dossier in their hands. Can we agree to build a ship that can promote our city or harbor in a durable way?
- A shipowner can invite his naval architect and show hem/her his idea of a windship.
- A cargo owner can now invite a shipowner and say to him: I want that my durable cargo will be transported on a durable way.
- The future shipowner can subscribe a fund and tell them that they have a very innovated plan to reduce CO2 in sea transport.
- The hobbyist can build his own model and promote with his windship the idea of durable transportation.
- With one of these documents in your hand you can start a crowdfunding campaign to build a sailing cargo ship.
At this moment all the dossiers are available: Windschip I, Windpilot, Windroos, Windclipperbark, Windclipperfregat, Windbrik, Windfreighter, Windhond, Windschoenerbrik, Windliner, Windtrader 5000, Windcarrier 8000, Windfeeder and Windtrader 15.000.
A DOSSIER CONSISTS OF:
- Lines plan
- Sail plan
- General layout
- Deck layout
- Cargo plan
- Technical data
- A modified polar diagram
- A proposal for a voyage.
- Ron's Rig: a detailed description of the rig including the setting and furling the square sails.
ORGANIZATION WINDSHIP PROJECT:
1. General information about the preliminary design via the website www.windschip.nl
2. If you are interested in a specific ship, the leaflet can be downloaded.
3. The next step is to purchase a dossier. With that dossier containing extensive descriptions, drawings, and data, one can approach investors and, among others, a naval architect. A dossier costs 850 euros.
4. The naval architect can then advise whether it is necessary to have a large frame drawing made with which the yard can make the financial calculations.
5. Purchasing computer files with which the naval architect can make the construction drawings. The files cost 8.500 euros.
6. When the construction is completed, 1% of the construction costs will go to the Windschip Project.
You can mail us in case you want to buy one of the dossiers: firstname.lastname@example.org
you fill in the order-form below and let us know which dossier you want to buy: Windschip, Windpilot, Windroos, Windclipperbark, Windclipperfregat, Windbrik, Windfreighter, Windhond, Windschoenerbrik, Windliner, Windtrader 5000, Windcarrier 8000, Windfeeder or Windtrader 15000.